This post will contain several key elements:
- The questions themselves will be listed.
- There will be a spread sheet included with the blog which will contain the answers of all candidates who have returned our survey.
To read and understand the spreadsheet please note the following:
- The last column titled, “Analysis” shows the following:
- Individuals that are marked 100% Pro-Gun have answered our survey as instructed and answered with 100% pro-gun answers.
- Individuals that are marked “See Note 1” have answered our survey but have not done it as instructed or answered in a manner that is not pro-gun.
- Questions 1-4 have three different options: Sponsor, Cosponsor, or No.
- Questions 5-8 are Yes or No questions.
- If an individual does not answer the question as required, they are marked on the spreadsheet as “R/A” which means “Refused to Answer.” Some candidates choose to write us letters telling us how much they love the 2nd Amendment but don’t answer the questions. Their answers are marked with “R/A.” Candidates who write other responses such as, “I would have to see how it is written” are also marked as “R/A.” Essentially any answer that is not marked in the appropriate column is given that result.
The ISAA Legislative Survey serves to inform the public about where candidates stand on these issues and we expect those seeking office to be willing to put their name on public record on where they stand on one of the most, if not the most, important issues to Idahoans.
Candidates were given approximately one month to fill out their surveys and send them back with a deadline of April 16th. Candidates who don’t have any markings have not returned our survey to us but can still email it in. The deadline allows us to go to Districts and start comparing candidates so voters can be informed about who has and has not answered, and how they answered.
If you have any questions regarding these surveys you may contact ISAA President Greg Pruett at [email protected]
List of Questions:
- Will you support Constitutional Carry legislation which will extend Constitutional Carry to include city limits for all adults over the age of 21, regardless of their status as an Idaho resident or not?
- Will you support legislation that would strengthen Idaho’s existing Stand-Your-Ground and Castle Doctrine laws to include closing the Stand-Your-Ground loophole, adding an unqualified Presumption of Innocence, and adding Criminal Immunity?
- Will you support legislation to remove the power of public universities to regulate the carrying of concealed firearms on campus, and return the power to the legislature?
- Will you support a bill which would lay out penalties for governmental entities and individuals who knowingly and willingly violate the preemption statute?
- Will you oppose all methods of gun control, including those that the media calls “reasonable,” such as laws that disallow those with simple misdemeanor convictions from owning and carrying guns, increasing the minimum age of those who carry guns for self-defense, new taxes on ammunition, and new ways to track guns and gun owners?
- Do you oppose legislation banning the manufacture, sale or possession of semi-automatic firearms and/or large-capacity magazines, recognizing that these restrictions do nothing to stop crime but only serve to harass gun owners?
- Will you oppose legislation to implement “Universal Background Checks” which force law-abiding citizens to go through government mandated background checks when even selling firearms to their own family members, friends, or acquaintances?
- Current Idaho laws says that people that you must be 21-years-old to carry your firearm concealed without a permit. Will you support legislation that lowers the age limit to carry a firearm without a permit to 18-years-old?
[table id=1 /]